MSc in Digital Transformation – School of Computer Sciences 2022
Introduction and Objective
The goal of this programme is to produce workforce/human resources who are capable of using digital technology and applications to improve existing processes and workforce efficiency, enhance customer experience, and launch new products or business models. Therefore, the objectives of this programme are to produce computing practitioners who:
- have advanced knowledge in Digital Transformation who are capable of adopting best methodologies and techniques in providing innovative solutions across various sectors
- have leadership skills and are able to communicate as well as interact effectively with diverse stakeholders
- have positive attitudes, engaging in lifelong learning activities and having entrepreneurial mind-set for successful career
- uphold and defend ethical and professional practices in maintaining self and professional integrity
Credit requirements: 44 units
Core Courses: 24 units (Code: C)
- CDT541/4 – Industrial Digital Transformation
- CDT542/4 – Digital Entrepreneurship
- CDT543/4 – Systematic and Lean Innovation Management
- CDT544/4 – Enterprise Architecture for Digital Business Transformation
- CDS501/4 – Principles and Practices of Data Science and Analytics
- CDS506/4 – Research, Consultancy and Professional Skills
Elective Courses: 8 Units (Code: E)
Choose any two (2) courses from the electives below:
(i) Digital Infrastructure
a. CDT545/4 – Cyber Security in Digital Transformation
b. CDS504/4 – Enabling Technologies and Infrastructures for Big Data
(ii) Business and Organisation
a. CDS511/4 – Consumer Behavioural and Social Media Analytics
b. CDS512/4 – Business Intelligence and Decision Analytics
Project (Core): 12 units (Code: C)
CDT594/12 – Digital Transformation Project and Practicum
This experiential work-based learning course designed to equip students to confidently help conceive, lead and execute digital transformation initiatives and develop new business models for existing organizations through the implementation of a consultancy project. Students are required to complete the practicum at their respective workplaces or their chosen/assigned organisations. Students work under the supervision of a lecturer and an industry supervisor. The students are required to solve a real-world problem or tap opportunities related to digital transformation during their practicum. The prerequisite of this course is CDS506 which must be taken in the preceding semester. The students are required to secure practicum placement together with project proposal during CDS506.
At the end of this course, the students will be able to:
- Devise a solution to the real-world problem using digital innovation and transformation technique appropriately.
- Practice effective oral communication regarding the progress and achievement of the practicum.
- Perform work collaboratively in a multi-ethnic environment with superiors, colleagues, staff and supervisors.
- Display professional behaviours such as trust, honesty and not violating predefined policies of the workplace.
- Display confidence and ability to overcome challenges in completing the project and practicum.
- Perform the project with proper planning to meet project milestones.
- Display high level of responsibility and accountability to lead the project independently.
Applicants should possess the following:
a) A BSc degree in Computer Science/Information Technology degree with a CGPA of at least 2.75/4.00 or equivalent; or
b) CGPA of 2.5 - 2.74/4.00 with:
-Research experience – 1 year; or
-Professional experience in related field- 1 year; or
-One(1) academic publication in related field; or
-Grade B for major/ elective courses or Grade B+ for final year project.
c) CGPA of 2.00 - 2.49/4.00 with:
-Research experience - 5 years; or
-Professional experience in related field - 5 years, AND
-One (1) academic publications in related field; or
-Grade B for major/elective courses or Grade B+ for final year project.
(Applicable for International Applicants Only)
The minimum score for each programme can be vary from the below list, candidates are required to check for each programme requirements.
- A minimum score of 40 for TOEFL (Internet-based); or
- A minimum of Band 7.5 for TOEFL Essentials (Online); or
- A minimum of Band 5 for IELTS; or
- A minimum score of 47 for PTE; or
- A minimum score of 154 for Cambridge English (CAE/CPE); or
- A minimum score of 154 for Linguaskill Online; or
- A minimum of Band 3.5 for MUET
Exemption is given to candidate if:
- English is the candidate’s mother tongue or National Language; or
- Candidate graduated from an Institution of Higher Learning in which the medium of instruction at Bachelor and/or Master degree level is English (statement of proof required)
- Full-time: Min 3 semesters / Max 6 semesters
- Part-time: Min 4 semesters / Max 8 semesters
April & October
|Malaysian (MYR)||International (USD)|
** Fees are subject to change