MSc (Marine Sciences) - Centre for Marine and Coastal Studies
This Programme includes research on various fields. The fields offered are as followed:-
Research Thrust Areas:
Study on Mangrove Ecosystems
- Research on various aspects of the dynamics operating in this complex ecosystem such as biological productivity, estuarine hydrodynamics and nutrient fluxes.
Marine Pollution and Toxicology
- Research on the behaviour of environmental pollutants in the estuarine and coastal waters, and their effects on physiological status of marine organisms
- Research on marine aquaculture of fish, seaweed, mollusk and crustacean for sustainability.
Coral Reef Ecosystem
- Research in monitoring, understanding and restoring coral reefs from the microbiology and genetics aspects and also reef processes and the effects of natural and man-made influences on the health and conservation of coral reefs.
Integrated Coastal Zone Management
- Research in the management of the coast using an integrated approach, regarding all aspects of the coastal zone, including geographical and political boundaries, in an attempt to achieve sustainability.
- Research in marine biodiversity, impacts and adaptation to climate change, water quality and ecosystem health.
- Research in the theory and practice of ecological networks to conserve biodiversity; sustainable utilization and conservation of flora and fauna; biodiversity change and sustainable development
Expertise available in the following Centre:
Centre For Marine And Coastal Studies
Applicants should possess one of the following:
- A minimum of 2.75/4.00 for BSc in Biology or equivalent; or
- CGPA below 2.75/4.00 for BSc in Biology or equivalent with additional requirements
(Applicable for International Applicants Only)
- A minimum score of 60 in Internet- Based TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) ;or
- A minimum score of Band 6.0 in IELTS (International English Language Testing System);or
- A minimum score of 169 in Cambridge English: Advance (CAE);or
- A minimum score of 169 in Cambridge English: Proficiency (CPE);or
- A minimum score of 59 in Pearson Test of English (PTE);or
- A minimum score of Band 4 in Malaysian University English Test (MUET)
**Results must be attached with the application form.
Exemption can be given if:
- English is the candidate's mother tongue or National Language; or
- The candidate graduated from an Institution of Higher Learning in which the medium of instruction is English
- Full-time: Min 2 semesters / Max 6 semesters
- Part-time: Min 4 semesters / Max 12 semesters
|Full Time||Part Time|
|Full Time||Part Time|
** Fees are subject to change